Hosler Realty Inc. was founded in 1939 by Charles Hosler, a prominent Kendallville citizen and member of numerous civic and social organizations. At that time, the business was located on the east side of downtown Main Street near the south end of the middle block. In the mid-1950's, Hosler Realty moved to the northwest corner of Main and Mitchell Street where it remained for over 40 years.
Charlie Hosler's son, Dave Hosler, operated the business for quite a few years until Stephen Pyle and Tony Black purchased Hosler Realty in 1989. Dave Hosler continued an appraisal business until his retirement in the late 1990's at which time he sold Hosler Appraisal, a separate business, to Bob Bohde of Kendallville.
In 1992, Stephen Pyle's brother, Gregg Pyle, joined Hosler Realty as a sales agent and in 2002 the two brothers became the current co-owners after Gregg purchased Tony Black's partnership interests.
At left, are Gregg and Stephen Pyle in 2001 when Hosler Realty moved from its 40 year location on Main Street to its current location at 119 W. Mitchell St. - the former Kendallville Post Office building.
Today, Hosler Realty Inc. remains the oldest, locally-owned real estate agency in Kendallville and Noble County. With a staff of six professionally licensed Realtors®, Hosler customers can expect experienced leadership and financial counciling to help them make wise decisions in today's complex residential and commercial real estate market.
Call us today... we look forward to assisting new customers and, of course, always enjoy hearing from our customer friends!